Scott Elser’s Ponderosa Pine | 2015 Artisan’s Cup
The Cascade Bonsai Society 3-day workshop | Oct. 21 – 23
The schedule has been distributed to all members. If you haven’t confirmed your spot for one of the Saturday workshops you need to do so soon by contacting Len. We are filling up fast!
Scott Elser Workshop | Schedule
Friday, Oct. 21 | Evening Social and Mugo Pine Presentation | 5 – 8 p.m.
Cap Tibbitts home (address forwarded to members)
- Cap’s mugo pine will be the main tree used for the discussion. Members are encouraged to bring any mugos you have to provide additional samples and discussion opportunities.
- Members are asked to bring appetizers and a favorite beverage to share.
- The presentation will be held outside so a coat would be advisable.
Saturday, Oct. 22 | Workshops
675 N. Keen Way
Medford, OR 97504
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/zErGAadXytM2
Morning workshop | 9 – 12 p.m.
Afternoon workshop | 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Members are encouraged to bring a nursery plant, pre-bonsai project or bonsai of your choice. This is an opportunity to get some great advice and direction on your personal bonsai projects.
- Members are responsible for your own tools, wire and supplies. Seasoned members are encouraged to bring extra tools you may have for some of our newer members to use.
Sunday, Oct. 23 | Critique | 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Ashland Art Center (Main classroom – street level)
357 E. Main St.
Ashland, OR 97520
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/FxZXTRdQbnx
- Members are encouraged to bring up to two bonsai to have critiqued. Scott will critique one bonsai per person, and if time allows he will proceed to the second round of trees.
- Parking is on Main Street and in the back of the Art Center in the bank parking lot (bank is closed on Sunday). The parking spaces in front of the Art Center will be reserved for unloading. A cart will be available for larger bonsai.
- $50 for the three day workshop (includes all events)
- Friday social and presentation is free to all members
- Sunday critique is $20 for members not attending the Saturday workshop
Photo is of SCOTT ELSER’S Ponderosa Pine / Pinus ponderosa on exhibition at the 2015 Artisan’s Cup
Estimated Age: 225 years old
Time in Training: 9 years
Origin: Rocky Mountains